So I was told it was Thursday and even told the date today - February 25th!! (she said, proudly, as if this was an achievement). It is. To illustrate: (typical conversation on any given day)
Me: Ugh, I hate Mondays
Anyone not me: It's not Monday, it's Thursday
Me: What? Since when?
ANM: since 12am this morning.
Me: But I really thought it was Monday? It feels like a Monday. Ugh, January just drags on endlessly...
ANM: It's February
Me: What? Since when?
ANM: collective eye-roll
Top Ten Reasons why Thursday is my Favourite Day of the week:
1. It is super close to Friday!! Why didn't you just say Friday is the favourite? People will ask. Or Saturday, or even Sunday if you like the weekend that much? Because. None of those days ever live up to the ridiculous expectations I form about them on Thursdays. Happiness is about hope. Not reality. Who doesn't know this.
2. It is when all the good TV is on. Well, it used to be. When people had cable. Remember those days? My psyche remembers them on some level, as it has me looking forward to Thursday TV even if I could easily watch those same shows another day. For this reason, I watch Survivor on Thursdays because that's when it is supposed to be on, Jeff. (he rarely listens to me. Especially when I suggest a man-scarf or a silk maroon shirt or something. It's strictly cargo-wear with that guy).
3. It is not Monday. It's actually really far from it. People should start new diets on Thursdays. Studies have shown that Thursday-start diets have a much better chance at success. Also, I saw this on Oprah (she has now officially been off the air long enough that you can just randomly say that you saw it on Oprah and no one questions it anymore. They get that faraway look...ahhh, Oprah. Yes, we remember her).
4. It is not Tuesday. Tuesday is really the suckiest day of the week, you have to admit. It's the dentist appointment day. The piano lesson day. The Shepherd's Pie day. It's like a Monday without it's one redeeming aspect of being a "fresh start" day. It's not even half-way (Wednesday). It goes without saying that my complaining nearly doubles on Tuesday, and that's saying something.
5. It is not Wednesday. Humpday has so many connotations. Camels. Humps. Other stuff. Evaluating where you're at. Naah. It becomes a "thing". I need less things to become "things".
6. It is sale day. I overheard a sales employee at Old Navy who was training a new kid, that the sales always finish on Thursday. I didn't interrupt to tell the new kid that the sales literally never end at Old Navy, ever. But after this eavesdropping tip, I noticed that other stores follow this ruling also. So if you need stuff, buy it on Thursdays.
7. Things are open late, still. Go get the stuff at the mall tonight. Free up your weekend! The energy you save parking about 4 city blocks closer to the doors on a Thursday night, not to mention snagging the best deal - that energy could be used for all the non-finger lifting you'll be doing on the weekend.
8. You look great! Studies have shown people get more sleep on Monday through Wednesday. So you look beautiful. Go to that mall and show off your bad self. Oh wait. The mall? Okay, maybe go somewhere a little more exciting than the mall. I'm sure other things are still open. NO. Not the library either (do we need to have little talk?) But yes, the library is also still open later on Thursdays.
9. Throwback Thursday. My daughters, who have a finger on the pulse of all things cool, have deemed TBT to no longer be a "thing". While I am all for less things becoming things (see reason #5) I like TBT. I like to see baby pictures surface on Facebook. Let's face it, everyone was cuter as a baby. As long as they don't throwback to the teenage years and suddenly I am tagged in several photos with my foot-wide aqua-net perm.
10. It is "Jeudi" in French, which is really just "Judy" said Frenchly, making myself predisposed to being fond of this day. And if that doesn't sell you on Thursdays (because your name might not be Judy) Well, fine. Let me put it to you like this...cupcakes. Cake. Cookies. Ice-cream. Hugs. Cute puppies. Adorable kittens!! #WorldwideNoJustinBieberday. All of these only happen on Thursdays. It's more than half over, people. I suggest you get busy making the most of it.